Glentana Mill Site, Alva

Closes 16 Dec 2020

Opened 25 Nov 2020

Overview

The Glentana Mill in Alva was built in 1873 as the Dalmore Works and specialised in the production of shawls, tweeds and tailor-made ladieswear. The current single storey building is all that remains of a much larger complex and dates from the 1940s. In the 1990s the building was home to the Mill Trail Visitors Centre and was vacated in January 2019.

The former Glentana Mill site has potential for re-development.  This consultation exercise is being run by the Council in partnership with Architecture and Design Scotland.  It will build on previous consultation with the community undertaken in 2019 leading to the streetscape improvement works which have been carried out on Brook Street and are now planned for Stirling Street.  

Why we are consulting

The views of local people are important in helping to shape plans for the future use of the site and the surrounding area. We’d like to hear from people with local knowledge which will help the Council to make good decisions about the former Glentana site and to help target our resources towards community needs and priorities.

Areas

  • Alva North
  • Alva South

Audiences

  • All groups
  • All individuals

Interests

  • Regeneration